Fraser Lions Pier Festival
Urangan Pier was built in 1917 to facilitate the export of coal and sugar. It was originally 1107 metres in length stretching far out to reach the deep water channel where ships were loaded with the bagged sugar transported by steam train right to the end of the jetty. The exports ceased in 1960.
The structure was always a fisherman's paradise and remained so until it was closed in 1985. The authorities started to demolish the structure in 1986. In spite of a strong public outcry we lost 239 metres of it before demolition was stopped. Today we celebrate the remaining 868 metres of the pier with the Fraser Lions Pier Festival now in it's 26th year.
A family day in the park with a fishing competition on the pier to boot. Entertainment all day with a magician and music for the family. Children's rides and a myriad of stalls selling all kinds of interests. Food - Fishing - Fun - Fabulous....